- 1950 – Jean ESCHARAVIL’s grandfather founded a workshop for the setting up and maintenance of weighing scales.
- 1955 – Jean ESCHARAVIL decided to produce scales and launches the PRECIA brand name.
- 1960 – The first optical weight indicator is created.
- 1968 – Transition from mechanical to electronic systems.
- 1979 – Founding of ATEX, a company specialized in manufacturing of load cells.
- 1985 – Introduction of the company on the Lyon stock exchange.
- 1985 – The first weighing desktop computer to come to France.
- 1986 – Opening ceremony of the new factory specialized in the manufacturing of load cells.
- 1993 – Acquisition of MOLEN, a Dutch weighing company founded in 1867 and of YERNAUX, a French company specialized in dynamic bulk weighing and dosing.
- 1996 – Launch of the new global brand name : PRECIA-MOLEN.
- 1997 – Merging of the French service subsidiaries forming PRECIA MOLEN Service.
- 1998 – Reorganization of the group into three divisions: industrial, international and service.
- Significant growth of PMS (42 agencies in 2008)
- Creation of a new range of PRECIA indicators from I 100 to I 500
- PRECIA-MOLEN and PRECIA-MOLEN SERVICE obtain ISO 9001 (2000 version) certifications.
- 2006 – PRECIA-MOLEN is awarded innovative firm status (OSEO ANVAR).
- 2007 – PRECIA-MOLEN increases its international presence with the creation of PRECIA-MOLEN MOROCCO, acquisition of 100% of NOVA WEIGH UK and of 40% of NOVA WEIGH India.
- 2009 – Acquisition of Nordic Bulk Weighing, in Norway, which becomes the ninth member of PRECIA MOLEN Group.
- 2010 – PRECIA-MOLEN is awarded innovative firm status (OSEO INNOVATION).
- 2011 – Creation of PRECIA MOLEN do BRAZIL, the tenth member of PRECIA MOLEN Group.
- 2012: Creation of PRECIA MOLEN Romania,
- 2013: Creation of PRECIA MOLEN Australia, creation of a new indicator range, the new “i” series.
2014 – Creation of PRECIA MOLEN Australia + Acquisition of Shering UK
2015 – Creation of PRECIA MOLEN Malaysia
2016 -Acquisition of Weighpac NZ , Kaspo Poland, Rowecon USA, Acquisition of J&S Weighing solutions USA, Epona